We always hear so much about oatmeal being a wonderful healthy snack food, one that everyone should eat. But what makes oatmeal so special?
- Studies have tied the consumption of oatmeal with lowering one’s cholesterol and reducing the risk of heart disease. The fiber in oats helps rid the body of bad cholesterol.
- The soluble fiber in oatmeal is able to absorb a lot of water, which can slow down your digestive process and help you feel full and control your weight.
- Oatmeal has a slew of healthy nutrients like vitamins A and B, calcium, iron, and protein. It also has folate which lowers a person’s homocysteine levels, reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Recent studies have suggested oatmeal can reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes by controlling blood glucose levels.
- Adding fruits or yogurts to oatmeal can turn it into a balanced breakfast. With so many vitamins and containing about 150 calories per serving, it has all you need for the morning. Oatmeal also contains a decent amount of carbs that will fuel you until you are able to grab lunch.
- For those at risk of diabetes, oatmeal can regulate insulin levels and glucose.
So add a bowl of oatmeal natural personal care routine each morning!